Sunday, May 23, 2010

heaven help, if there is one

Todaylist 05/23/10:
-first day of work! super fun. seven hours. sixteen customers. that constitutes a busy day. but at least I get paid $7.25 an hour! times sure have changed since six bucks at Vans, y'all. now we might really be able to go to New York in July.
-sitting around drinking Arnold Palmers

As for yesterday, I did in fact move out of my RVA apartment. It was every bit as bittersweet as I thought it'd be - couldn't really sleep and got about five hours before I had to get back up and start cleaning again. The fact that I'm really done with Richmond still hasn't quite hit me yet, possibly because I'm still not 100% that UVA won't see this semester's grades and say they'd really rather not. Like I've said before, I'm not sure that it will until I'm looking at the Lawn rather than Monroe Park. I don't want to get too sentimental too soon, but I would definitely say that this has easily been the most beautiful, surreal, infuriating, incredible year of my life, and I'm heartbroken to see it go. I've said a lot about it not ending quite like I'd have liked it to, but that's not entirely true. The problem, I suppose, is that how I've been seeing this has been warped by how fuck-all badly something in particular went; I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not sad or bitter, not really even angry, I just really miss my friend. It's like when someone dies, and you see something or hear something that reminds you of them, a joke you had, or something that would make them laugh, and when you go to tell them, you realize that they're gone. Also the grades thing, but considerably less so. Either way, it's all my fault. I don't know how to segue out of this, so....

Here, children, is why I've been craving waffles. Tomorrow morning, it's fuckin' happening.


Side note: re-falling in love with this show has reminded me why I'm going into television.

0 comments: